History

Originally a malt house dating back to the seventeenth century, the property was the first cheese factory co-operative in Derbyshire, and started manufacturing cheese in 1873 under the auspices of the High Sheriff J.G. Crompton.

The property has been empty since 1945 and in renovating the Cheese Factory every effort was made to retain the original features such as the oak beams and lime ash floor.

All the rooms have benefited from the skills of a leading lighting designer whilst the furnishings represent the touch of interior design at its very best.

Externally, there is a large and totally private garden with more than adequate parking for six cars.

Cheese Factory

Related Pages

Location

Location

Our location in Windley, Derbyshire is easily accessible via the M1 motorway from both the North and South
Find out more about our Location

Accommodation

Accommodation

See images and find out more about the accomodation, the outbuilding, minstrels gallery, log burner, dining area, kitchen and facilities.
Find out more about Accommodation